- Public Works Representative Office (PWRO) means a Legal entity that established and domiciled in Foreign Country, having representative Office in Indonesia and classified as the same as limited liability company that conduct business in construction services.
- Construction Services defined as a Consultancy for construction works plan, implementation of Construction Works, and Consultancy for construction Supervision.
- A PWRO permit means the permit to do business that given by the Indonesian government to the PWRO to conduct their activities for construction services in Indonesia.
- Joint Operation is work cooperation between one or more PWRO with one or more local construction company, temporary to handle one or several projects.
- Head of Representative means a person that appointed by the head office and have the authority to represent the interests of the company in Indonesia.
- PWRO is permitted to:
- Undertake construction services and/or engineering consulting activities, which include civil, electrical, mechanical and architectural work. The PWRO must form a joint operation (JO) with an Indonesian construction company to execute either a Government or other projects;
- Promote and secure contracts in its own right on behalf of its principal company;
- Establish contact with Indonesian individuals, companies or Government institutions in an attempt to explore market potential for engineering construction and/or consulting services on behalf of the principal company;
- Participate in pre-qualification bids for international projects through the JO;
- Carry out other activities within the scope of work as defined in the construction contract up to the project completion.
Joint operation requirement
- The Indonesian joint operation partner has to meet the following requirements:
- Big Construction Qualifications;
- Member of the Association that registered in the Development Institution of Construction Services (LPJK);
- Holder of a Construction Business license (IUJK).
Official Guarantee fee
- This guarantee fee must be paid directly to the Indonesian Treasury. The amount of guarantee fees varies depending on the type of activities the PWRO is planning to carry out.
- Consultant Construction Company : USD 5.000,00
- Construction works (Contractor) : USD 10.000,00
MAIN REQUIREMENTS FOR PWRO
- Must have the Business Entity Certificate (Sertifikat Badan Usaha), that show the Qualifications and Classifications of the PWRO;
- Capital must be above IDR 50.000.000.000,- for Contractor and EPC, while above IDR 2.500.000.000,- for Consultant;
- Work Experiences must be valued above IDR 83.330.000.000,- per project or IDR 250.000.000.000,- accumulative for the last 10 years for Contractor and EPC, while for consultant must be above IDR 2.500.000.000,- for the last 10 years.
For further information or assistance for PWRO arrangement, please do not hesitate to contact us at : firstname.lastname@example.org or filling our contact form.